Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thailand!

Well, 36 hours later we are finally in Bangkok. All three flights were smooth and uneventful, although I don't remember crossing the Pacific taking quite so long:) But Bro. Tom didn't have any problems meeting us at the airport as the protests and such were in a different part of town. As we come out of the airport my first thought was, "Wow, it's not that hot!" And then I remembered it was 12:30 am.
We are staying across the street and a few doors down from the Gaudet's house in a building they use mostly for storage. Our room is three stories up- yes, we hauled all our junk up three flights of stairs. I'm questioning the wisdom of 8 skirts, among other things I felt were so important while I was packing in my air-conditioned house. But our actual room has AC and we slept fairly well for a few hours last night.
This morning we had breakfast at the Gaudet's house- bacon and eggs, P.B. toast and fruit, juice and coffee- We both really enjoyed it after eating airplane food and drinking green tea for two days! After the meal David and Bro. Tom went down to the office and we ladies stayed at the house to pray and then clean up from breakfast. Then David and I went back to our room and repacked into just two bags (as opposed to four). Now we're down at the office getting ready to go to Future Park to get some shampoo and other things. Jet lag isn't bad yet, and hopefully won't be:) I'll write more as soon as we do something else. There's not much to write about travelling:) Oh, I had my first experience with a squat toilet. That's all I'm going to say about that for now!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Dad always said a good breakfast could fix just about anything, maybe even jet lag. I don't guess it can do anything for squat toilets, huh?

LizzyLizzard said...

Hey girl, wow I'm so glad you guys made it safe and sound. I've been praying for you guys! I had the craziest dream last night. I dreamt that you made it their but David had problems with his ticket and only made it as far as Athens.
You crack me up with the squat pot!! It took me being there a month or so before I realized how to use one of those things. grin.
THinking of you guys, Love Lizzy