Thursday, November 12, 2009

Because I'm too lazy to write a real blog.




1. What was the last song you listened to?

Rejoice, by the WILDS choir.

2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?

Yes.

Ok, it's usually over a product that I just *had* to try. Lotion, shampoo, hair stuff...most of it winds up in the trash because my skin/scalp freaks out from most of it.

3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)

I'll go with my mom here and say moving to Northern Virginia. I was NOT HAPPY about moving (I had a special someone!), but a long-distance relationship turned out to be exactly what we needed. Plus, NoVa has Ulta and Chipotle:)

4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?

Um, hello? Pregame is on!

5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
My new WILDS cd (Rejoice!) has a song based on this verse.
Also, in reference to speaking, "Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary?" I don't know who originally said it, but I got it from Jasmine at Joyfully at Home.

6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G?

Vanilla Coke. I did 21 shots for my 21st birthday. And no, I didn't throw up (it was pretty close though).

7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?

Yes. All of it. My family knows how to eat!

8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?

Tuggy the Tugboat.

9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)

See #2

10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?

If it's books, wrapping paper. I got lots of practice when I worked at Border's. Everything else goes in a bag.

11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?

I can't think of a particular memory at the moment, but my routine pretty much always involved reading or cooking.

12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??

Nope. And Bambi never bothered me either. God made them for us to eat!

No comments: