Saturday, October 18, 2008

We're home!

We made it back to Tennessee safely. Besides getting stuck in the center two seats of the plane for the long flight, it wasn't too bad. Except for the old Japanese woman kicking me in the back all night (she really was doing it on purpose, because she got mad when I reclined my chair).

We have both been pretty beat since we got back, but we got some solid sleep last night and are starting to feel like humans instead of zombies!

Thursday we just hung out and slept and went grocery shopping. I love Wal-mart! It's an amazing store. I have been cooking a bunch and enjoying every second in my beautiful kitchen with no geckos!

Yesterday morning we went to the Natchez Trace Maternity Center, which is where I'm going for prenatal care and to deliver our little Sticky Bean. I got to see Elaine, who has been a certified nurse-midwife for a looooong time. I've known her for two years and am very comfortable with her. Well, we got to see the baby! It wasn't very clear, since I didn't have
32 oz. of water in my bladder. But we got to see his heart beating, and he even moved his little paddle-arm. It was the coolest thing we have ever seen, and of course, I started crying:) Next week I'm going back to get a real ultrasound so they can check placenta for tearing and stuff. Seeing our little Sticky Bean move around in there made it much more real for us. He/she is really in there and alive and kicking!

Anyway, that's what we've been up to. Today we are going to get the paint for our new house!

Happy Fall!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!
Just get over the jet lag and things will be great! :-)
How exciting about Sticky Bean!
Do you want to know what it is before you have Sticky Bean or do you want to know NOW?

Karen said...

Yea!!! Glad to hear you're feeling better and Sticky Bean is happy to be home. Love you! Mom

Krinny Gaudet said...

Sorry about the old Japanese woman kicking your seat. You know how cranky "old people" can be. Thanks again for all your hard work. We miss you guys.